Twenty of Michael’s finest outdoor public sculptures will be on view in the Charlestown Navy Yard, along the Boston Harborwalk from the U.S.S. Constitution to Menino Park at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. See Harborwalk for a map and to learn more about the sculptures in the exhibit.
Upcoming Special Events:
- Thu. July 14, 2022 8:50 am – 89.7 Radio’s Morning Edition feature with Jared Bowen, WGBH’s Executive Arts Editor, sharing his impressions of the exhibit
- Thu. July 21, 2022 6 to 8 pm – Navy Yard Strolls & Sculpture with Artist Michael Alfano & FBHW Chair Mike Manning. Meet at Gate 1, Constitution Road. More info at EventBrite.
- Boston Public Radio feature on 89.7 with Jared Bowen, WGBH’s Executive Arts Editor, sharing his impressions of the exhibit with Jim Braude and Margery Eagan live at the Boston Public Library. On YouTube at the 1:40 mark.
- WBZ-TV (CBS) Channel 5’s Levan Reid toured the exhibit with Michael and provided this commentary.
- Opening celebration on June 21 with a special performance by Continuum Dance Project with Michael’s sculpture Cubed.
The exhibit runs through December 2023 and is free and open to the public.
Generously arranged and sponsored by the Navy Yard Garden and Art association and others. Photo of Questioning Mind by Adrien Sipos.